1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Can't DL apps anymore

1. 4444

4444 Member

Going through my Droid and attempting to scale things down I have apparently prevented myself (as far as I can tell) from downloading apps via my browser. In addition Google store app won't open. I made an AppBrain account and when I try to DL there it says I am downloading but I never see new apps under 'apps' so I don't think it's working. I am only allowing 1 background app (via developer options). Google play app should be running fine (checked under storage) so I don't understand why it won't even open. I was being strict with my disabling of various things under 'storage' so I expected to possibly disable something I might later want. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Model# Droid4

Version 4.0.4

Advertisement
  2. T.M.M.L

T.M.M.L Well-Known Member

Greetings 4444,

You could try going into manage applications and clear out the defaults & caches in the browser and the playstore.

I don't know anything about using the developer options, but is it possible that you've blocked something that needs to be running?

Hope this helps
  3. 4444

4444 Member

Got it working. I re-enabled:

Google Play Services

Sync Services

My Verizon Mobile

------------

Going to do I little eliminating to see what I can leave off

Thanks