Can't download anything over 4g in chromeSupport

Last Updated: 2013-03-20 17:58:12
  1. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

I can't download any files or save any pictures over 4g in chrome. If I, for example, find a picture I like on a web page and I long press and then select "save picture" the download will show up in the notification bar but it'll just show an infinite progress bar forever (before the % of completion shows up) and never actually start the download. If I switch to 3g or wifi it downloads/saves just fine. But chrome just will not let me save pictures or files over 4g. Dolphin and other browsers will, and I have no problem downloading apps over 4g. It's just chrome. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution? Thanks. By the way, every version of chrome I've used does this, including chrome beta.

Advertisement
  2. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

anyone else?
  3. gothicnerd1033

gothicnerd1033 Well-Known Member

Downloading in Chrome over 4G seems to work for me.

EDIT: Hmmm. Weird. The first download worked. Now ever other one I try... it just does what you said.. Progress bar without downloading..
  4. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

It's weird because every version does this. Even the beta version. Works fine on 3g and wifi.
  5. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

Google has issues with Wimax, always has.
  6. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

How else do they have problems with wimax?
  7. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

She meant that every version of Chrome has issues with WiMax, no matter what phone it's on. The S2/Epic Touch 4G has the same problem.
    OB
  8. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

Oh alright. Well, good to know it's just chrome.
  9. Leslie Ann

Leslie Ann Well-Known Member Developer

The Play Store, at least it used to, see 4g as being 3g and wouldn't let you download large files as well.
  10. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

Really? I didn't know Android ever imposed file size limits over 3g. Then again I'm fairly new to the platform.
  11. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It's not Android, it's the Play Store and Amazon, one because of bandwidth and two large downloads over the network frequently get corrupted. :p
    OB
  12. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

Actually I've noticed the large file corruption thing. I've had a few apps that I've tried to download over 4g (I download all apps over 4g) say package invalid or something similar. But, yeah, by Android I meant the Play Store. I didn't literally mean the limit was built into the OS.
  13. JoeyofBladez

JoeyofBladez Member

I get this problem on my Infuse 4G on Straight Talk... I just use stock browser for downloads.
  14. akexbhood

akexbhood Member

So I assume the Infuse 4g uses Wimax?