Can't download anything!General

Last Updated:

1. anr311

anr311 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I originally had a rooted eris with xtr 3.0.3 and started having tons of problems with the browser and other apps shutting down. I tried to update the Swype Beta version that came out but just kept getting an error when I tried to save the file (just error, nothing else indicated).

So, I decided to try my luck with a new "certified refurbished" phone from Verizon.

I'm trying to restore the root settings, but when I try to download files through the browser, I'm STILL getting the same error I had with the other phone.

What's the deal? I'm so tired of phone issues - I just want it to work!

thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I've heard that it makes a difference if your browser is set to 'mobile view', you might want to check that. To do so, open the browser then menu > more > settings and make sure Mobile View is checked (on).

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The same behaviors on two different devices would have me looking closely at my apps and the configuration of them; you could be carrying the issues from one device to another with the ways you're running things.

Also, I'm hoping there is no task killer involved in this, because those can cause apps to be closed off before they are finished with certain processes; the app will be killed by the task killer, then it will attempt to re-invoke to finish its processes and a loop will begin between the app (sometimes more than one) and the task killer, causing crashes, FCs, battery drain, etc.

If no task killer is installed, I'd stop all services and remove data and cache contents from each app in menu > settings > applications > manage applications.

Then I'd reboot and test the device for a while. If no joy I'd un-install all apps and reboot then install the apps one at a time, testing the device for a while before installing the next app.. etc. ;)

anr311 likes this.
  4. anr311

Oh, I think I really screwed things up now - need some help!

You were right - I don't have a task killer, but I did a factory reset and could download fine. So, I decided to go ahead and try to root again using the apk that was posted in the sticky.

Flashed my previous rom.

Now, I can't get past the XTR Custom screen that comes up during reboot - it just keeps cycling.

Tried a wipe, didn't work. Tried to flash the rom that comes with the apk mentioned above. Nothing.

Help?

5. Podivin

Do another factory reset, I've had to do that before to get out of a boot loop after flashing a new rom.

Edit: for the record, doing a factory reset does NOT un-root you're phone, nor does it remove the ROM you had loaded.

6. anr311

Didn't work - still looping through the XTRCustom screen...

HELP!?!?

7. Podivin

How long has it been on that screen? It's going to take several minutes (up to 10) for it to load the first time after flashing.

anr311 likes this.
  8. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Did you wipe both 'Data/Factory Reset' AND 'Dalvik-Cache' before flashing?

9. anr311

I think you were right... it finally booted. I had no idea it would take that long!

10. Podivin

whew! :)
    Glad it worked for you.

scary alien likes this.