• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't download anything

PetriesLast

Jul 16, 2011
I installed CM9 on both my gf and my TP following the exact same procedure. Mine is working perfectly, however hers is unable to download anything. When I go to the market, it gives the prompt to update to Play, but doesn't actually update. Apps can't be downloaded, and anything from the internet just hangs without starting any downloads. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be?

Open settings.... apps... ("all" tab at the top) and find Google Play Store.

Tap "force stop", then "clear data", then "uninstall updates". Try again.

If you still have issues, install the latest gApps in recovery again.

How would this effect my ability to download files off the internet through the browser?

Also, none of that changed anything.

Upvote 0
I'm running out of ideas. Try fixing permissions in Rom Manager, the reboot into recovery from Rom Manager and format cache. Reboot. It'll take a bit laggy, after that, but see if that helps.

No change. I don't know what else to try. Blah.

I downgraded her from the nightly to a difference build, and now downloads are working. Guess this'll do for now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones