Can't Download Apps without WIFI??Support

1. BoolaJosh

BoolaJosh New Member

Just recently got a Droid Bionic.. Seems like the only time i can download Apps is using the WIFI @ my school. The WIFI at my house doesnt even let me download apps. Is there a reason for this? Why cant i download apps like my previous droid did.. with no wifi required?

Any input would be awesome.. Thanks guys!

Josh B.

Advertisement
  2. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I can't go through the menus on my phone right now, but somewhere under battery and data settings is the ability to restrict market downloads to Wifi only. I can't explain why it won't work at your house, but I would check this setting regardless.
  3. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Here's a far out question ... do you have WiFi enabled at both locations and it is BLue where 3G or 4G LTE is white?

If yes ... turn off Wifi ... that will change the 3G or 4G LTE to Blue and you will then use it to download.

It also sounds like you didn't setup Wifi in your home to actually be used. You have to look at the connections and tell it which one you want to use.

... Thom
  4. BoolaJosh

BoolaJosh New Member

I knew about that setting under the battery menu, and it is turned off

Also, my house wifi is setup to be used.. i run my desktop and laptop off of the wifi with no problems at all. I can connect to the wifi at my house, and an app will start downloading.. but then it just stalls like nothing is happening...
  5. BoolaJosh

BoolaJosh New Member

Ha! I got it.. I had the batter saver on.. thats all it was... Problem fixed! Thanks!