• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't download MMS on Virtuous?

I'm not able to receive pictures from people on the latest Virtuous. I press download, and it keeps popping up with "Generic network failure". How do I fix that? I'm thinking of trying another rom to see if that will fix it.

Did this just randomly start happening? Or the first time? Did you just flash the ROM?

Have you tried turning on 3G and turn WIFI off to see if you can dnld it?

Verizon uses 3G for MMS no matter whether your on WIFI or not. Sometimes ROMS are inconsistent flipping over to 3G on it's own which is how it is supposed to work

Upvote 0
Did this just randomly start happening? Or the first time? Did you just flash the ROM?

Have you tried turning on 3G and turn WIFI off to see if you can dnld it?

Verizon uses 3G for MMS no matter whether your on WIFI or not. Sometimes ROMS are inconsistent flipping over to 3G on it's own which is how it is supposed to work

I flashed this nandroid of virtuous many times and I've gotten photos w/o problems then. But I downloaded the newest clockwork then reverted back to a older one because the new one had problems installing the rom I wanted. So I didn't like the rom and went back to virtuous. Ever since that, Virtuous hasn't been working. Tomorrow I'm going to just install a new Virtuous and forget about the nandroid.

Upvote 0
I flashed this nandroid of virtuous many times and I've gotten photos w/o problems then. But I downloaded the newest clockwork then reverted back to a older one because the new one had problems installing the rom I wanted. So I didn't like the rom and went back to virtuous. Ever since that, Virtuous hasn't been working. Tomorrow I'm going to just install a new Virtuous and forget about the nandroid.

And I bet that takes care of it. Thx for explaining your situation. Let us know if a wipe and re-flash fixes it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones