• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download new ROM

I've tried downloading the new ROM for my Hero (orange) and I've got the following error message after entering my serial number:

Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device.

Does anybody else get this?
Is there a way around it?
it is not phone your phone, you will have to wait until orange release their version unless you wanted to root it and install a custom ROM.

Upvote 0
after reading some other post(no marketplace, etc) I've found its a SEA phone so I guess that would explain why the EURO download doesn't work...2.73.728.5 146733 CL#61267 release keys... am I right? I'm trying to go through this process http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/11370-total-noob-question.html Your post #35, to try and get what I need but I am not technically savvy with this kind of stuff so I hope I dont fk this phone up... I just want market place lol

Upvote 0
after reading some other post(no marketplace, etc) I've found its a SEA phone so I guess that would explain why the EURO download doesn't work...2.73.728.5 146733 CL#61267 release keys... am I right?

Yup, that'll be why.

I am not technically savvy with this kind of stuff so I hope I dont fk this phone up... I just want market place lol

Take it slow, follow the instructions, and you'll be fine. It's pretty much impossible to 'brick' the handset doing this, just make sure the battery has a good charge so that it won't run out during the flashing.

Upvote 0
well i messed something up already in flashrec I chose the last button like they said in the first step(havent typed in the /sdcard/...etc info) - then it says flash complete and I have 3 buttons - download recovery image, restore backup image, reboot into recovery.... not Flash Recovery Image like it's supposed to..... now what?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones