1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Can't Download/Open MMS PicsSupport

1. Spangles

Spangles Member

Hi, Although I can receive MMS Messages, I cant open/download/view pics sent in this way.
    Please Help!

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

What actually happens when you try to download them? Are you given any error message at all?
  3. Spangles

Spangles Member

"Download of message photo(number) from (sender) was unsucessful"
  4. El Presidente

You'll need mobile data on to be able to download MMS. If it is, check if your APN Settings are correct? (Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names) Which provider are you with? Does what's listed there match what your network provider has given?
  5. Spangles

Spangles Member

Im with Giffgaff (O2) All the APN settings are 100% correct with GiffGaff.
  6. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Try the free app 'SaveMMS'.
    Sometimes this little app does a little wonder :)

Harry
    El Presidente likes this.
  7. Spangles

Spangles Member

Hi, I tried this and it failed. I'm getting desparate now and seriously thinking of changing my phone.
  8. El Presidente

Try with one of the alternative SMS apps Go/Handcent etc and change the user agent.

If Giff Gaff uses O2's network, I know they can have problems with receiving SMS. My other half has similar issues, no matter what I send her pic wise, the network compresses it to 25KB.
  9. Spangles

Spangles Member

Still cant download mms pics. I can read the messages but not download the pics....Any more ideas guys?
  10. yungkam7013

yungkam7013 New Member

would someone help me i cant receive pictures
  11. scorpionawal

scorpionawal New Member

I turned my wifi off and it worked