• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download paid apps in Google play

By downloading do you mean you can't purchase? You can purchase but the d/l never happens? Or are these past purchases? I know there have been a few bugs (Motorola) that have cropped up in the change over. Possibly this is another one?

My first thought was this was a device dependent issue and to move this to SGSII forum, but I'll leave it here in case it's more general.

Upvote 0
I posted this elswhere yesterday but i have issues where google has taken payment but i get the message "not available in your country" when i try and view movies. Wtf, how can they take my money and not deliver the product. I tried the contact us page but this too does not work. After completing all fields and hitting submit it asks me to select from drod down list. There are no blank fields in the form. Why can they not provide a simple phone number and email. This samsung tablet is my first android device and so far not impressed thanks to google.

Upvote 0
As quite often happens in all walks of life it is the bad experiences that get highlighted, and I'm certainly not looking to make light of the apparent less than smooth transition to Google Play, but I have made an app purchase since the change. The transaction went smoothly with an emailed receipt from 'Google Play' the app downloaded ok and runs perfectly, so I couldn't ask for anything more.

I'm sure I'm not the only one and I wonder how many other transactions have taken place with no problems and why the apparent inconsistency.:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones