Can't download pic messages...General

Last Updated:

1. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

I get sent a pic message and when i click on download it says downloading and then it just goes back to the download button like i didn't click on anything....anyone know the problem?

Advertisement
  2. Geoponic

Geoponic Well-Known Member

make sure you have cell data on

pictures don't download through wifi
  3. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member

i have been having the same issue for like a month!!!
  4. xAusTiN

xAusTiN Well-Known Member

I got it to work, i turned my mobile widget on and it worked, thanks for the hekp!
  5. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member

what do you mean you turned your mobile widget on?
  6. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

hit the plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner. HTC Widgets>settings>mobile network. Having it off prevents your phone from connecting the 3g data.
  7. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member

Ya i know i have to be connected to 3g in order to download picture. My 3g network is always on and I still cannot download picture messages.
  8. jreed2560

easy. I was just explaining what was meant by turning on the mobile widget.
  9. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member

haha my bad I wasnt trying to come off like an a$$hole Im just frustrated about why my mms doesnt work.
  10. jreed2560

its cool. LOL! I know all about coming off like an ass.
  11. JRoBB

JRoBB New Member

I had this problem for about two weeks. Searched all over for fixes couldn't find any, talked to VZW they didn't have any answers. I could get them when i first got the phone...then nothing, finally got fed up and did a HARD RESET (settings,security,factory data reset). You will lose any apps you have installed and i would take out you sd chip first. You will have to activate the phone again but everything works fine now. Hope this helps.
  12. dbl_delta

dbl_delta New Member

Don't do a hard reset before trying one other thing. After you activate your mobile widget you have to turn your 3G network on. From the Home screen: Menu/Settings/Wireless Controls/Mobile Network Settings/Enable always-on mobile. Then the mobile widget should change from grayed-out with the switch in the "off" position to green with the switch "on". Messages download now.

Verizon tech was clueless on this; suggested a hard reset. Thanks to the other posters.