Can't download reply in messaging...

Last Updated:

1. austindta09

austindta09 Member This Topic's Starter

So when I send someone a picture/video through messaging and they reply, there is a download button. When i touch that it says "downloading" for about 1 second and then a message pops up saying "Download of message Re: New Message from *friend's name* was unsuccessful." I have wi-fi and cell service so I don't know why it won't download. I'm assuming they are replying with text but either way nothing is downloading. Please help me!

Advertisement
  2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

3. austindta09

I looked up Handcent and I don't like the look of it. Thanks for the heads up but it doesnt look like something Ill download.

4. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Hmm then u might need to perform a hard reset.... you will lose all data thoyugh in the process dude....

Let me know what device you have to perform a hard reset

5. austindta09

I figured out the problem. I had to turn wifi off in order to download the replay. Same goes when people send a pic or video in messaging. I guess it's something about Sprints network vs wifi, according to other sites.

6. Shane112358

Shane112358 Well-Known Member

Had this exact same problem on the Epic. Disabling WiFi "fixed" the problem. Lame workaround though.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Does the same thing on my Droid Eris with KaosFroyo (doesn't do it in stock Android 2.1 though). You can't download MMS while connected to wifi. I think its a bug though, hopefully the devs will fix the ROM. Dunno about you guys though.