Cant download software/firmware update through mobile dataSupport

1. sars19

sars19 New Member

Hello guys! Would like to ask how I can download a software update using mobile data. I barely have access to wifi so my only internet source is through mobile data. Im having a hard time finding the option where I can download large application or acquire large data using mobile data. Mine says something like, "can't download without wifi..." Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!!:)

Advertisement
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining.

If you go to settings, about device, and click on software update there should be an option to only download while using wifi. Untick this and you should be able to perform the update with mobile data.
    pallavinarain likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

I've moved this to three main gs3 forum:)
  4. pallavinarain

pallavinarain Member

Thank you so much... i was so irritated coz of this problem ... tks a lot
  5. Shotgun84

No problem:)
  6. StevoChivo

StevoChivo New Member

Hi I dont have this option to uncheck wifi only. Perhaps because Im on 4.1.2? I keep missing out on updates as Im not always on wifi (and the stupid order in which they roll out updates). I have 4gb/month mobile data. Also when is 4.2 with photosphere coming out on gs3? I missed an update a few days ago and was wondnering if it was 4.2?
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Dont think it was 4.2 mate but if you root, you can install the camera :)

What happens when you press "check for updates"
    Think the latest was just a security fix?
    I havent bothered gettin it.
    Have u tried Kies on a pc?
  8. StevoChivo

StevoChivo New Member

You dont think it was 4.2 with the photosphere? I dont want to get too technical with rooting or even kies. When i press check for updates i get latest updates already installed, which is wrong because i know i missed one. And i had a small security update about a week before this one i missed. I heard 4.2 was coming to gs3 jan to march?
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Im pretty sure 4.2 will be released for s3 at same time the s4 is announced mate
    StevoChivo likes this.
  10. StevoChivo

StevoChivo New Member

I read it could be announced in march. Heres hoping! Cheers mate.