• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't download stuff to sd card

stearic

Nov 9, 2009
Seems i've come across a new problem that's just started with my phone. I can't seem to save images from the net to my phone. It used to work but now it doesn't seem to be allowing me to be able to. I'd hate to have to do a factor reset on my phone to fix this. Anyone know of anything that could be causing this?

Seems i can still take pics though, and download some images off the net. Won't let me save all images. For instance i goto save the google logo on the default home page it it gives me the "download unsuccessful" error. I send myself a link to a picture, open link in the browser, and save it and it's fine. I did note that the google image was a gif while the one i sent myself was a png file. I also downloaded the backgrounds program awhile back and that all of a sudden just stopped being able to save the backgrounds to my phone. Are some of the backgrounds setup to not save and only setup to be able to apply and that's it?

Upvote 0
What would hooking it upto a microSD adapter do? That wouldn't fix the problem i'm having. As for remounting, how exactly do i do that in the phone? I haven't found the option while digging through the menus. I'm able to write files just fine to the sd card when i have it hooked upto my computer. It's just talking about while in the browser on the net on the phone, same with the backgrounds program that seems to be fairly good with media to get.

Edit: I've also tried rebooting via the reboot buttons, turned it off and then back on manually, and then i've turned it off and kept the battery out for a min or 3 (worked on fixing things on old phones).

Upvote 0
What would hooking it upto a microSD adapter do? That wouldn't fix the problem i'm having. As for remounting, how exactly do i do that in the phone? I haven't found the option while digging through the menus. I'm able to write files just fine to the sd card when i have it hooked upto my computer. It's just talking about while in the browser on the net on the phone, same with the backgrounds program that seems to be fairly good with media to get.

Edit: I've also tried rebooting via the reboot buttons, turned it off and then back on manually, and then i've turned it off and kept the battery out for a min or 3 (worked on fixing things on old phones).

Sorry misunderstood.

The only thing I can think of is to remove the card and replace it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones