Can't download/update market apps over wifiSupport

Last Updated:

1. ronopolis

ronopolis Member This Topic's Starter

The subject says it all. Market downloads and updates fine with wifi off, hangs forever with wifi on. I've seen other threads on this but no answer. I've had this issue non-rooted, and rooted.

Advertisement
  2. ronopolis

Even if you don't know the answer, does anyone else have this issue? I know a few other people have seen it.

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

i havent seen it before, have you had any other issues with your wifi?

4. ronopolis

Wifi works perfect besides the market issue.

5. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Happens all the time to me. Even way back in the 1.5 days. Its quite random. Some days they download instantly, others it just hangs there for about 20 minutes at starting download. 3G works everytime, even if it is slower. My only advice is to download apps via 3G, then reenable Wifi, if at all possible.

6. ronopolis

Bummer. I'm rooted, but I'll still be glad when I'm done with this phone.

7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Lol, its not just you...!

I've had this problem on my Eris w/1.5, rooted 2.1 and on my un-rooted Droid X (2.1).

When it doesn't work on wi-fi, I just usually switch-over to 3G for a bit until things start kicking-off... Weird, I know...

8. Demache

Going by what I could find online, its a problem with Android (or the Google Marketplace), not necessarily the Eris itself. And like I said, its quite random. For some, it works fine, for others, its sort of a hit or miss.

9. mdrichards

mdrichards New Member

I have this problem on my Galaxy Nexus. It also affects Google Voice. Just tried it on a fresh 4.0.4 reset with nothing extra installed except Voice and it still continues to fail for both.

10. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm sorry to hear that you are having a problem. This is the forum for the HTC Droid Eris. You may have better luck getting a solution if you post a question on our Galaxy Nexus forum, here: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Android Forums

Demache likes this.
  11. Demache

Whoa, blast from the past. I remember this issue. :D

12. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Even though I have an HTC, I just thought I might mention my thoughts.

With both my current HTC EVO and my former HTC Hero, the Automatic updates always hang-up. Also if I attempt to download multiple apps or multiple updates together, the all hang.

I am not saying this is the solution, but just a suggestion, you might want to try installing apps one at a time and only manually installing updates one at a time.

Just a suggestion.

13. slutter

slutter New Member

i have the same problem ! started a week ago and i perform factory reset settings...it was really a bad move cause i dont have any apps now installed.. :(

It just say ''Dowloading ...............'' and nothing happens

14. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Slutter, do you have an HTC Droid Eris or a different phone?

One thing that you can *try* that won't hurt: from home, go to settings->applications->manage applications. Find "Google Play Store" and tap it. (If you don't have "Google Play Store", look instead for "Market".) Try tapping the button that says "uninstall updates" if you have one and restart the Play Store. If you don't have that button, try "clear data" and see if that helps when you restart the Play Store.

Also, once you connect to the Play Store with your phone, after a factory reset you can go to https://play.google.com/apps on a PC web browser and reinstall all of your old apps by clicking "install" for each app. The apps will be installed to your phone over-the-air, as long as you have a data or WiFi connection.