Can't download /Won't update appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dunc-x10

Dunc-x10 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

As the title says my phone will no longer download from the market or update anything its weird as it was working OK last week ( don't use it to down load much) but now all I get is update or download unsuccessful please try again.

Been trying this in different place so I don't think its the signal.

Any ideas guys ?

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

3. Dunc-x10

4. X10iUser

Then you should know how frustrating it is when new members fail to search before posting. ;) The Market issue is quite common so if none of the old methods work (which may or may not be contained in the threads I've posted for you to read) then you'll just have to sit it out.

5. Dunc-x10

I do know how frustrating it is when new members fail to search before posting but I think you missed the point I was making !!!!
    Can you imagine if everyone that wanted something from a forum found what they wanted just by a quick search the only threads being made would be ones with new info or new questions now you are a Senior Member go take away all the post just in this section that are questions that have been answered before how many posts never mind threads have been made ?
    At that rate any topic forum like this would die if you ran it like that after all the questions had been for filled :)

6. X10iUser

I got your point, the points I was making is it's...

A. A common issue.
    B. There's a few threads already on the subject.
    C. There's solutions posted on some of those threads.

Those threads died because there's not really anything to discuss on this subject, The Market either works or it doesn't, and if the suggested steps don't work there's not a lot you can do except sit it out until it does.
    Which is a good thing, as it saves from rehashing old information. ;)

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Dunc, were you able to find the solutions in one of the threads that X10i linked? If they aren't what you're looking for, you can post more information in one of the threads or here on what actions you've taken.

The only forum rule here with respect to searching is that members get penalized (warnings/infractions) if they tell the OP to 'just search it'. Different forums have different rules :) If a (new) member ask a question that's already been ask, we ask our members to either 1) help and answer or 2) direct the OP to the proper places to get the answer. Although it might not be what you are used to or you were looking for, X10iUser DID go out of his ways to search the threads for you ;)

http://androidforums.com/introductions/704-site-rules-guidelines.html

OfTheDamned likes this.
  8. Dunc-x10

Good reply Roze and thank you for the insite as for the where I got the info I needed I did not do a search to my shame and yes I did get what I needed from one of the links X10IUser found for me and thanked him for that as I always would for any help given :)

9. mae5tr0

mae5tr0 New Member

10. X10iUser

Hi.

Follow this path...

Settings - applications - manage applications - Market - uninstall updates.

11. Dunc-x10

Cheers X10iUser :)