• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't e-mail videos?

jjphoto

Oct 1, 2010
I have a video on my phone that I've tried e-mailing and every time the e-mail goes through, but there's no video attached. I click on the video on my phone, choose share, then send.

I've tried using two different e-mail accounts as well as gmail... plus sending them to different accounts with the same result. Any ideas?

You might check the size of the video - a decent rule of thumb is that most services aren't going to process attachments bigger than 5 MB - and most video exceeds that very quickly (depending upon resolution, codec, bitrate, etc, etc).

Sorry, I'm not a Epic user, but I _think_ it's the Android standard to store that sort of thing under the DCIM folder on your SD card. (I recommend Astro, free in the Market, if you need something to check your files locally, but other things like EStrongs will do just as nicely.)

Check the file size - if it's too big, you'll need a different strategy to move that file to friends.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones