Can't e-mail videos?Support

Last Updated:

1. jjphoto

jjphoto Member This Topic's Starter

I have a video on my phone that I've tried e-mailing and every time the e-mail goes through, but there's no video attached. I click on the video on my phone, choose share, then send.

I've tried using two different e-mail accounts as well as gmail... plus sending them to different accounts with the same result. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

You might check the size of the video - a decent rule of thumb is that most services aren't going to process attachments bigger than 5 MB - and most video exceeds that very quickly (depending upon resolution, codec, bitrate, etc, etc).

Sorry, I'm not a Epic user, but I _think_ it's the Android standard to store that sort of thing under the DCIM folder on your SD card. (I recommend Astro, free in the Market, if you need something to check your files locally, but other things like EStrongs will do just as nicely.)

Check the file size - if it's too big, you'll need a different strategy to move that file to friends.

3. jjphoto

jjphoto Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Early... yeah apparently the Epic captures video in humungogigokilobytes. I was not aware of this. Will just upload it to YouTube and go that route. Will know next time to choose the "limit size to MMS" option.

EarlyMon likes this.