Can't edit contact phone numbers for imported contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. brianarmstrong1

brianarmstrong1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all, I own a Droid, and consider myself fairly savvy in the Android world, however my wife recently got the Ally and is having a problem editing her contacts. So when she initiqally booted up the phone it walked her through logging into google and facebook, etc, and it imported all those contacts into the phone, however, she wants to add in their phone numbers now, but its not letting her. We click on the menu button, click eedit contact, but then there is no way to edit or add phone numbers. Any ideas???

Advertisement
  2. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member

Yeah It dose this for me. Maybe there is a better way but what I did was make all my contacts first in my phone with the name and number then just went into facebook and gmail and set it to "Sync with existing contacts only".

Its annoying that you cant edit them.

3. gndmepyon

gndmepyon Well-Known Member

What did she use to import the contacts(ie VZ Backup assist. Gmail, yahoomail, ect)?

4. Qasar

Qasar Member

You are not allowed to edit Facebook information. Instead add a new contact and then join the information. Join is a menu option when editing.

5. weberster

weberster New Member

I JUST got my Ally today and I love it, but the Facebook editing is wicked annoying. Not only do I really not want every number in there, but now, for the ones I do want, I have to go in and type them all out.
    BOOO.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one though. I thought I was becoming technically inept.

6. lakemoxiemom

lakemoxiemom New Member

Hi there!
    You have to hold down on the contact with the contact list, not tap it, and it will bring up another screen that will either let you edit it delete it or other things.

Here is a link to the owner's manual for the Ally, I have one also, that is why I have this link :) http://support.vzw.com/pdf/user_guide/ally.pdf