Can't edit sd card contentsSupport

Last Updated:

1. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody else notice that the SD cards are write protected? If I take out my card and put it in a card reader on my laptop, I can add stuff to the card, but I can't delete anything. If I put it back in the phone and mount the sd card, I can edit the card how I want. weird?

Advertisement
  2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Mine isnt...

3. jreed2560

Hmmmm i've tried it on two different cards. I wonder if this relates to my reboot issues?

4. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

maybe it's your MiniSD adapter. I had one that didn't even register the card, but I tried a different one and it worked perfectly.. R/W

Thankfully I have TONS of those little adapters lying around... from God knows what lol.

5. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

You can always use astro on your phone. I can delete stuff off my sd card that way. Also when I connect my computer thru usb I can delete stuff that way.

6. jreed2560

as op posted I can edit on my phone just fine, its when I take the card out that it tells me the card is write protected

EDIT: figured it out. I forgot I had an adapter that was broken. the little switch on the side will switch to lock everytime I plug it in

7. suitsandcigars

suitsandcigars New Member

I have purely signed up to this forum to say thank you, i have been sitting here for hours trying to work out y i carnt delete anything. You got furthur than me tho, lol.

Thanks again!

Dan