• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant figure out rom manager premium

bucknuts4747

May 22, 2010
I bought rom manager premium but can't install roms. I downloaded bugless beast 1.3 kernel and the glass home. It downloaded and all then I hit install and it reboots into recovery ok alls well. It downloads in recovery says complete then reboots. But then when it reboots it gets stuck on the motorola icon everytime and won't go past. I end up having to restore my backup . Does anyone know the issue causing this? Thanks.

did you check wipe data and cache. It is good to do that everytime you install a rom. Also i tried to install bb from rom manager and it did the same thing. Try downloading bb from their site then transfer it to the root of your sd card. THEN ISTALL FROM ROM .Sometimes the link will not fully download the rom from rom manager.

Upvote 0
It keeps boot looping because your phone can't handle 1.3GHz.

You need to start off with a low kernel and work your way up (if you don't know the limits of your phone)

I suggest starting at 800MHz or 1GHz.

+1
I know my phone can't handle above 1250. I started learning my phone by starting low(ish) @900mhz - then nandroid - then apply a higher kernel - and I keep going until it boot loops.
I nandroid back to the 900mhz image and reflash the highest non boot looping kernel.

All the noobs seem to want to go balls first and do a 1.3 and then they have issues.

Upvote 0
My understanding from many others is that you don't need to wipe when installing a new kernal. If you are installing a new ROM most will say to wipe before doing so. If the rom your installing is of the same kind BB 1.0 to BB 1.1 etc, then some say there is no need to wipe this either. But there are others who wipe no matter what ROM they install. I havn't heard of anyone wipe for a kernal though.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind not wiping before applying a new kernel? Care to elaborate?

Because if you wipe when applying just a kernel you will lose your current ROM... the Kernel is just that a Kernel, it doesn't contain any system or data information...

You should never ever wipe when installing just a kernel...

Upvote 0
Because if you wipe when applying just a kernel you will lose your current ROM... the Kernel is just that a Kernel, it doesn't contain any system or data information...

I have never wiped just to apply a kernel.
Nandroid
Wipe x3
Restore
Apply Kernel
Reboot

This is what I do for good measure and I have minimal issues this way.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I understand your reasoning behind not wiping before applying a new kernel? Care to elaborate?

This...

The Kernel is an add-on, not a ROM. It would essentially be the same thing as doing a wipe when you install a theme, or an app... or a widget. Do you wipe when you install a new app?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones