Cant figure out what im doing wrong

Last Updated:

1. kysvp

kysvp New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys Im fairly new to android world and am having a problem with Tethering. I have rooted my evo and downloaded the free tethering app for rooted phone. Problem is my app starts tethering and my computers both macs laptop and desktops find the android tether but wont connect to the internet. I have put the password that came with the app in and and it seems to connect just wont actually work. Just to make sure wasnt just the computers I used my wifi on my Iphone and tried to connect and iphone recognized it accepted password and still couldnt use my evo signal. Any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

What wifi tether app are you using? If you are using Wireless Tether, try using a different build, I believe Pre9 is the one that works the best on the evo.

3. kysvp

Thanks! Just downloaded it. Fingers crossed. Im in a bad area so cant testit till a little later:D

4. kysvp

Ok so here is what's happening now phone vibrates and says its connected (wasn't doing this before) computer showing full signal but still not opening up websites. Any other suggestions. i rooted with unrevoked if that helps.:confused:

5. cookie_monster

cookie_monster Well-Known Member

make sure you dont have work offline check on the browser

6. kysvp

Thanks guys got it now. I didn't. Have the device checked in my apps settings