• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant figure which app is the trojan??

IamSyzygy

Sep 20, 2016
I keep getting a trojan(I think) that started out 'you have won a Samsung....', multiple times. The only way to get it out of the way is to 'X' each page and start surfing all over. I never tapped on'ok' as I figured it would load malware. I looked in 'applications', but there are many apps that might have been preloaded and I do not recognize the names. Many with the little green 'android' icon. How do I know if these apps are good or bad? Also, was hacked recently. Google took account off from their side, because if I did it myself the hacker would have seen the new passwords and removal Google said. I am still very uncomfortablem i do not order anything per credit card online, do any banking or have any kind of accounts online. Nothing that I can think of safety wise. My concern is listening to phone calls- if I ordered something by a phone call and give the store my credit card number verbally. Am I being overboard about this or is it possible I am still open to that hacker?

If you are just seeing ads when browsing it could just be an aggressive ad script downloaded by the browser. Try clearing browser caches, or if that doesn't work clearing data for the browser (back up bookmarks first), and see whether that stops it.

Without knowing what these apps are (and possibly your phone model and carrier) nobody will be able to say whether they are legitimate. Under the circumstances I would have backed up any important data and factory reset the phone, or even reflashes the firmware to be really sure.

Bugging phone calls is a less likely type of spyware (as it's more effort to extract data that way). But if you are worried about spyware see my previous suggestions.

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones