• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't find a video I downloaded from PC

Policy

Lurker
Mar 1, 2012
Hi, I recently recorded something on my computer that I wanted to post on youtube, but it's gonna take 10+ hours to upload.

I figured I would copy that video to my phone and upload it on youtube from my android, so me and my roomate don't have to suffer from the horribly slow internet speed we'd get while trying to upload it from my PC. I hooked it up, copied the file over in the "Camera" folder and unplugged everything. I got on my phone, but couldn't find the video anywhere. All my other photos / videos I took with my phone were in the camera, but I couldn't find this video.

Am I looking in the wrong place? Doing something wrong? Help please

Your phone's stock gallery might not know the format of the video file that you have downloaded.

Install a video player like RockPlayer or Mobo Player. Those player can play a lot of video formates.

Harry

I installed Mobo player. I can find the video under that app, but can't find anyway of uploading it to youtube from there. When I try uploading from youtube's website, I can choose files from my gallery or music, but not Mobo Player.

And the video doesn't show up on my gallery, you're right

Upvote 0
Well that would have worked perfectly, but when I try I get an error that says:

"Sorry! The application My Uploads (process com.google.android.apps.uploader) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I guess I'll just have to suck it up and upload from my PC lol Thanks a lot for your help though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones