• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't find certain widgits (but were there before)

ifrpilot

Lurker
Nov 8, 2010
Hi everyone. I have to admit I'm still relatively new to my HTC EVO and even after 2 months of use, I'm finding new tricks and tips making it easier to use.

However, I can't seem to find wigets that I know were on my phone when it was first initialized and the Sprint folks can't seem to help either. So here I am. Here are two questions that I have not been able to get an answer for.

1. When my phone was first initialized, there was a widget on one of the screens that would allow you to add (drag) contact's info to the screen where the widget resided. It had the title of contacts (or something like that). I inadvertantly dragged the widget to the trash and now I can't seem to find it again to put it back on the screen. Does this widget only exist during initialization?

2. On one of the screens is a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3G and 4G widget that you can turn on and off but simply touching the widget. Fortunately I haven't deleted those as I did with the one above. But if I did, where can I find those widgets? I'm probably not looking in the right place but if they exist on the screen, I would think they must exist elsewhere?

Thanks

Jeff

The contacts widget I believe is actually the contacts folder. Long press in an empty area of a home screen and select "folders" instead of "widgets" and see if that is what you are looking for.

The second widget is called "power control" ... that one is located under widgets. You might like to look at SwitchPro Widget - Android app on AppBrain as it gives you more options.

Reactions: Mr. Ed and ifrpilot
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones