1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't find decent lock screen app?

Last Updated:

1. MalcolmV8

MalcolmV8 Member This Topic's Starter

OK maybe I'm just missing it but I've searched and searched the market. What I want is standard behavior of a typical lock screen. Such as what blackberry has, windows/mac computers etc.

If you unlock with a password it stays unlocked for X amount of time (say 10 minutes)
    If you hit the button to instant off your screen it locks immediately.
    If your screen blanks after X (say 30 seconds) screen is not locked until lock time (10 minutes) is reached.

That way when you unlock your screen and are playing with your phone you don't have to keep re-unlocking it every time the screen blanks. However if you forget the phone for a period of time (say 10 minutes) the screen locks due to inactivity timeout. However if you're done playing and hit the button up top it should lock immediately with a password.

This seems like such common sense behavior to me. My blackberry supported this by default as do computers etc. Andriod does not by default and I can't find a simple app that'll add just that. I'm probably just missing it. What is it? :)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. StringerBellRinger

StringerBellRinger Active Member

Try going to Setting> Security> Lock Phone After> (Then choose one of the options, 15 minutes is the most). I'm not sure if this covers everything you're looking for but it should keep your screen unlocked for the chosen time.

3. MalcolmV8

Nope that's not it. That option only allows the screen to lock after 15 minutes. If I hit the button up top to lock the phone immediately it does not do it. Instead it just blanks the screen, hit the button a second time and you're right in the phone. There's no way to lock the phone immediately except to go back into settings and change that option. So basically I'm stuck with a 15 minute lock only.

That's like having a desktop that no longer locks the screen when you hit CTRL-ALT-DEL ENTER any more. Instead the only way to lock your desktop is sit there for 15 minutes idle and wait for it to lock and now walk away.

4. StringerBellRinger

StringerBellRinger Active Member

Yeah, I see what you're saying now. I don't use anything like Widget Locker, maybe that has more options to it? Or is it all controlled by the Settings controls? I have my phone set to lock immediately but when needed, I use the widget Switch Pro option to keep the screen on forever. If I choose to lock the screen then, it locks. Otherwise it stays on/unlocked until I turn off that option. Other than that I can't think of another way to do it. Have you checked on the XDA developers site? They seem to come up with a solution for everything, though most of it is for rooted phones. Good luck with it.

5. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I use Tasker to control my screen locks.

My phone stays unlocked when I'm connected to my home wifi. At work and on errands, my phone locks as soon as screen goes off. In the car, on charger, screen stays unlocked.

I rarely think about my screen locks.

6. MalcolmV8

Cool I'll google for the XDA developers site. Seems most good things require a root'd phone. I think my phone's about to become rooted as soon as I have time to figure it out.

That's cool. I see what you're saying but that doesn't work for me. Nice to know that's an option though.