• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't find downloaded app?

Tielst

Lurker
May 13, 2012
Hi, I downloaded the Instagram app for my HTC Desire, but when it finished it said "invalid file type". Could'nt find it on the phone anywhere, but it has downloaded it as when I started the phone had 20mb of memory free. Now it only has 8mb free and the Instagram app is 12mb, so it's there somewhere but I have no idea how to find it or delete it!!
Hopefully someone can help as I can't update any other apps now, as I have no room!!
Cheers
Steve

Hi, I downloaded the Instagram app for my HTC Desire, but when it finished it said "invalid file type". Could'nt find it on the phone anywhere, but it has downloaded it as when I started the phone had 20mb of memory free. Now it only has 8mb free and the Instagram app is 12mb, so it's there somewhere but I have no idea how to find it or delete it!!
Hopefully someone can help as I can't update any other apps now, as I have no room!!
Cheers
Steve

The same thing happened to me and I just got my phone yesterday. I have an LG Optimus elite from Virgin Mobile. But I just discovered something - I can download apps no problem when I turn OFF WIFI and use my 3G to download. If I download with Wifi on, then I get the "invalid file type". Try it!

To turn off Wifi, go to Settings.

Hope this helps someone!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones