Cant find saved contacts?Support

Last Updated:

1. HyperM3

HyperM3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I saved a couple contacts via phone number this past week and I cant find them when I scroll through my contact list.

I can however find them when I actually search for them (via magnifying glass).

Any clue as to why they wont show up under normal scrolling?

Advertisement
  2. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

I remember saving a contact and it asked me what account I wanted to use. Altimately I use Gmail but one time I ended up using my YouTube account. Go into phonebook and select display options... whatever account u have should be displayed on there. U may have saved it in a secondary account.

3. HyperM3

I checked my contacts and both missing contacts were saved under my gmail contacts. Yet, when I sync, neither still show up unless I search for them.

This is really confusing.

4. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

Ok, I have my contacts grouped in my gmail account, I do NOT sync My Contacts since it syncs a lot of junk contacts.

Unfortunately, when you create a new contact on your phone, this is the group they go into by default. When this happens, you have to go into the contacts on your gmail account and add them to a group that you do sync.

Using the default contact manager, I don't see a way to change this while creating. :(

I have not tried any of the other contact management apps out there, but see if this helps. :)

5. HyperM3

YAYYYYY I found it!!!

Go to contacts > edit view > Click on gmail contacts > under all the contacts that can be synced, click the radio box that has a blank label.

Done!

6. diagnosisdroid

diagnosisdroid VIP Member VIP Member

same problem here. I add a contact and can't see it. I can check off 'all other contacts' but then I get a ton of contacts I don't want. Help!

7. HyperM3

Just look at my above post. I figured out how to find them and get them into the regular list.

Heres a pic: [​IMG]

8. diagnosisdroid

The thing is that if I check that last "all other contacts" box, I get a ton of contacts from my gmail that I don't want. Not just the ones I try to add to my phone.

9. HyperM3

No, thats fine. I just have that checked on mine. Its the box ABOVE it with nothing written next to it that you want to check. Thats the one that holds the new contacts.

10. diagnosisdroid

Tried that, but still no dice. I just went to gmail to try and fix my contacts and that worked but what a pain.

11. HyperM3

At least you got it figured out.