Can't find the footprint app

Last Updated:

1. chimoy2008

chimoy2008 Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys,

After rooting my phone to the Villain Rom 5.2 i didn't notice that is was missing Footprints until i wanted to use it. Can somebody tell me how i can find/ install it again..
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Uranus

Uranus Member

Hiya Chimoy
    Its in Navigation as a button at the top left. Doesnt seem to work for me though.

3. chimoy2008

It's not working for me either, so i thought it needs to be installed coz i cant find it in the application manager. Using adb push wasn't any help as well, it give me the error INSTALL_FAILED-DEXOPT

any ideas????
    anyone

4. chimoy2008

I think my problem why it's not working is becoz i'm trying to install a 1.5 files into a 2.1ROM... can anyone lead me to where i can get a 2.1 HTC footprints apk
    thanks

5. mslisaj

mslisaj Well-Known Member

Well gentlemen I don't know if you solved this problem as this thread has been quiet for a month but I have the same problem too. I rooted and installed DC 2.08.1 and the Rom is tweaked and working perfectly. But Footprints wasn't there. I found the .apk for it and the widget and installed them. The Footprints opens and appears to work normally in all respects except the maps don't load. I can add a location with it and get new lat and long for it and everything. Just not maps. I tried everything but haven't gotten it to work yet. Your thread interested me as I thought it was a 1.5 to 2.1 problem also. But in my research I haven't found a newer version of Footprints........... Any help would be appreciated, besides removing the footprints program and forgetting about it..........

Thanks for your help.........

6. SlothyUK

SlothyUK Well-Known Member

well damn, I just noticed I have same problem, maps are a missing.

any ideas guys?

7. _MarkC

_MarkC Well-Known Member

I'd do a wipe and install the latest Villain 10.x - the footprints seems to be working fine with that ROM.