• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant find trash icon

I have been trying to remove some of the icons on my home screens but cannot find the trash icon. i have looked on all five screens and its nowhere to be found. Anyone have a suggestion where i can find it?

Hold your finger down on the icon you want to trash. After a couple of seconds you'll be able to move it. A trash can icon will appear at the bottom of the screen. Slide towards there, and when the can turns red with your finger over it, release your finger and the icon is trashed.

You can also find specific directions on Page 58 of the Optimus V manual.

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/lgoptimusv.pdf

Reactions: tami4775
Upvote 0
Hello
When deleting an app off the screen like that does it actually delete the app or just the icon. In other words is the app still taking up space on the phone??

Thanks

Yes, until you delete it from the list of applications via the Settings tab. It works just like a Windows desktop item...only deletes the icon until you uninstall the app itself.

Upvote 0
Ok but when trying to delete the app $my account the box for uninstall of greyed out. Can it not be deleted since it was factory installed

Correct...the apps that come on the phone cannot be deleted, unless the phone is "rooted" to permit so - which alters the phone's core software. So you're stuck with apps like AirGChat, News & Weather, Poynt, SCVNGR, Twidroyd, and Where, whether you want them or not. Most users would rather delete those apps to free up space to install others, but those companies have paid for the right to be on these phones and help subsidize the cost of the phone at retail.

It's one of the key reasons so many people choose to root their phones, and why there are very active development threads all over the Web about how to do so.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones