Can't flash any ROMs on A510cSupport

1. Mossey

Mossey Member

Is there a way to unlock my WFS2.3.4 from Virgin US and use another CDMA provider? Can you help me to successfully flash one of the few correct Rom's available(Suggestions, any worth trying?) When I boot to CWM, then format, and clear data, then select the zipped Rom file, it starts flashing, but never finishes.

Advertisement
    :
  2. djthebogan

djthebogan Well-Known Member

Boot into cwm, make sure u have cwm v5.0.2.6. clear cache and dalvik cache, then wipe data/factory reset. I would recommend trying simonstockclassic2.4 rom. Flash that, give it 5-15 mins, it takes a while. After u have the rom flashed, reboot and enjoy. First boot takes a while, it has to rebuild the cache. I recommend also flashing m1ndh4x8rGB2.3.5ockernel806mhz.zip. its an overclocked kernel that works great on the phone with the rom. Its a big improvement over the stock kernel. Just flash the kernel after u flash the rom, u shouldn't need to wipe the cache or anything.
    Mossey likes this.
  3. Mossey

Mossey Member

Can't get it to reboot after flashing, but I am using CWM 5.0.2.7 could this be the problem. I didn't know how to get the version you suggested installed. Do I delete the CWM directory and the old P76IMG folder from the SD then add the new PM76IMG.zip file and reboot? I waited about 20 minutes from reboot after install but nada.
  4. Mossey

Mossey Member

I went back to CWM 5.0.2.6 and flashed the rom and Kernel you suggested, all so far is working, but it won't shut-off. Gonna try factory reset and then do some testing. Great job coaching me through this, if I could only figure out to provider unlock, I would be in business!
  5. djthebogan

Ya, I had the same problem, phone would just restart instead of shutting down. I just use rom manager now to boot into recovery and if I really need to shut my phone off, I just do it from there.
    Mossey likes this.
  6. Mossey

Mossey Member

I can work with that! Any tips/ideas on unlocking!
  7. djthebogan

Don't think its really possible in the US
    With VM