Can't flash ROM, help please

Last Updated:

1. kheovnien

kheovnien Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I downloaded droid x bootstrapper and ROM manager, removed my NEXTHEME and black status bar, and when I tried to install the stock droid x 2.2 file from ROM manager it failed. not only that, all of my apps except for superuser app were deleted including launcher pro once it booted back up. it's almost as if I have a stock phone (i chose reboot from the recovery screen. did this flash the SBF by chance?) still says 2.1 update 1 for version. I get the following:

E: Error in /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/www.clockworkmod.com/download/motorola/droidx/droidx_rooted_froyo.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation Aborted
    E: Can't open /tmp/recovery.log
    E: Can't open /tmp/recovery.log

any help please? thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

I had this same problem and read somewhere it was because I had removed some bloatware, so what I had to do was flash sbf back to fresh stock 2.1 and then from there bootstrap, and load 2.2 thru rom manager and it worked perfectly.

Hope that helps

3. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, your phone has to have all the bloatware for this to work.

4. kheovnien

i didn't delete any bloatware, just changed the extension to .bak but now i changed them back and they show up in the app drawer again. so should the steps be:
    open rom manager--> download ROM-->Stock Images-->Verizon Droid X 2.2-->click download-->select wipe data and cache-->reboot? am i missing something?

5. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

open bootstrapper -- hit top button and get Success! -- open rom manager -- stock images -- 2.2 -- backup and wipe -- and let it go should work

if it doesnt work try flash sbf maybe you did something else that you dont remember that could be effecting it

6. kheovnien

ok, i'll try that if i can't get it to work. thanks