• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't format sd card.

Alright, tried restarting and removing sd a few time it let me format and mount to the device but still not connecting to my mac. I'm backing up cm6 to the sdcard currently.

During backup it says "No sd-ext found. skipping back-up of sd-ext"

Would formatting sd-ext via cwm fix this issue?
just means that partition isnt there to format like its instructed to do. No harm. Mine did that until I formatted my sd card. Since you just formatted yours I would go a head n partition it.

Upvote 0
The windows pc is free, im on that now. where the phone file system should be is a zero kb "dummy" file with no space free. When i mount i see android secure and lost.dir (both directories)

It says the card is write protected. Not sure how that would happen.
umm, try running fix permissions from CWM.

Upvote 0
Alright, tried restarting and removing sd a few time it let me format and mount to the device but still not connecting to my mac. I'm backing up cm6 to the sdcard currently.

During backup it says "No sd-ext found. skipping back-up of sd-ext"

Would formatting sd-ext via cwm fix this issue?

it will say that, but theres no harm to your backup or moving apps...

Upvote 0
I did notice the same thing on my phone when I went to CM6. Stock and Icarus both popped up a window on my computer that allowed me to move files to my sd card. CM6 doesn't. You have to drag your status bar on the phone down (after connecting to your computer) and there will be an option for storage or something like that (I am typing this from memory, so it might say something different). Tap on that option and it will then make your sd card available so you can copy files from the computer to the sd card.

Upvote 0
I did notice the same thing on my phone when I went to CM6. Stock and Icarus both popped up a window on my computer that allowed me to move files to my sd card. CM6 doesn't. You have to drag your status bar on the phone down (after connecting to your computer) and there will be an option for storage or something like that (I am typing this from memory, so it might say something different). Tap on that option and it will then make your sd card available so you can copy files from the computer to the sd card.

The weird thing is it was working fine and then poof! Not fine. getting unreadability even when i choose to connect through the phone. The sd card works fine in the phone. Been saving apps and moving them on and off all day.

This is a complete mystery to me. I want to apply the mms fix it seems ill have to bluetooth it to the card via the handset...

EDIT: Well, bluetoothing it to the card didn't work at all. This worries me, because now I'm pretty much stuck with cm6.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones