1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't get 2.3.6?Support

1. RXFL

RXFL Member

Downloaded the update from the samsung website, plugged my phone in, installed the update... and everything still looks the same on my phone. It looks like I'm still running Gingerbread 2.3.4.

Am I doing something wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

go to your setting, about phone and look at your android version it should be 2.3.6. nothing big happens on the update cause its still gingerbread
  3. Zunga93

Zunga93 Active Member

@RXFL
    Take a look at this post: [STOCK] [CWM-BACKUP] Samsung Admire 2.3.6 Rooted and Debloated (F118)

That post helps me a lot and now my ADMIRE is runing 2.3.6 with plenty of available space(Internal Storage)
    :thumbup:
  4. RXFL

RXFL Member

From what I read though, 2.3.6 was supposed to give you a new home screen or lock screen or somethin. That's why I figured the update didn't work. :/

And it still says I have 2.3.4
  5. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

The only thing the update gives you visually is a new lock screen and a new incoming call screen
  6. RXFL

RXFL Member

Yeah I don't have that and I'm still running 2.3.4.
    No idea what's going on.
  7. RXFL

RXFL Member

Could you explain a bit more?
  8. KageBeast

What he linked to is a backup someone made of a rooted stock 2.3.6. You just have to flash it with she's cwm
  9. Devendra95

Devendra95 Well-Known Member

and there's no wallpaper scrolling in 2.3.6 stock on admire
  10. RXFL

RXFL Member

So there's no official 2.3.6 for the MetroPCS Admire?
    How would I flash it?
  11. KageBeast

That is the official 2.3.6. It's a backup of it someone made and it's pre rooted. I and the instructions are in the thread