• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't get a data connection on a new activation *FIXED*

gale65

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2012
indiana
I just tried to set up my phone for data and it's not working. I did all the steps, rebooted, and it doesn't show a connection and cannot get to any websites. I double checked the settings and they are all correct. There is 2g coverage in my area. Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it? I have the GSM Galaxy Nexus and an AT&T sim card (there's no t-mobile data coverage in my area but there is AT&T). I turned off wifi to force data on and made sure that data is enabled in the settings. HELP!

I'm a dunce. When I typed part of it in, I typed in the dot and then the .com button without noticing the . was already in the .com. So it was there twice. The sad thing is, I did the same on the 2nd place that I had to enter something similar and I caught it that time. :coffee:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones