• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get an external "retro" handset to work....

D

Deleted User

Hey guys,

I got this handset(or a very good copy of it): LK106-3.5 Smiling Face Retro Phone Handset--Netphone Technology Co.,ltd. for christmas. We've tried it on my mum's old Nokia, and it works perfectly, but when it connects to my HTC ChaCha, the microphone is not working... has anybody encountered this problem or maybe just has a hunch for any sort of solution?
The handset came with a standard 3,5mm jack, that has 3 lines(would you call it that?)...

Any help appreciated!!!
Maggie

Hmmmm, can't find any settings for microphone input :S When I plug the thingy in, the icon on the notification bar is only headphones, no little microphone.... but it does show headphones with microphone when I plug in the handsfree from HTC :( I'm really sad, this thing looks so fun and I really want it to work! (and sorry for the dumbed down terminology, but sometimes, less is more :p )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones