Can't get contact shortcut pictures to work anymore...Support

Last Updated:

1. zimmy

zimmy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since updating to 2.2, when i add a shortcut to someone's contact info by (holding finger on screen>shortcut>contact>John Doe) it does not use the picture. Instead I just get the "shadow outline thingy" for their picture, even though the picture is still there in contacts app.

The only things I've added since doing the update are Facebook and Takephone, but I don't think either of those are the culprit since they are showing their pictures just fine...

Anyone have a clue about fixing this?

Advertisement
  2. Nuar

Nuar Well-Known Member

Install astro file explorer (or manager)
    Then when you try to set a picture from existing photos, use astro.
    That worked for me I couldn't get it to work before either.

3. zimmy

zimmy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You may have misunderstood me or I'm not following how to do what you're suggesting...

I'm trying to add contact shortcuts -- which are now getting created without pictures (just the shadow outline icon). I'm not trying to set pictures in any apps where I could go to a specific file and set the picture.

Pictures show up fine for all my contacts in the contacts app, just not in any new contact "shortcuts" I create. (My older contact shortcuts still have the pictures just fine, but any new ones I add get made without the picture).

4. Fenotyp

Fenotyp Well-Known Member

Just tried to add a new contact shortcut widget. Worked fine for me on a new contact that had not been widgetized before.

Maybe try a reboot?

5. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm having the same problem. When I try to use the widget "contact quick task" it tells me to resize the widget. But when I resize it, it still won't work. It will put up the widget but it takes me to their full information instead of the quick task I want. And it won't let me select a quick task.

6. 7lenny7

7lenny7 Member

I'm not getting the photos on my contact shortcuts either. I did a factory reset yesterday so these are all technically new contact shortcuts. This is VERY annoying. I've tried resyncing to facebook, manually adding a contact photo on the camera, and manually adding a contact photo on my PC through my gmail account and nothing works.

I'm not interested in using the contact widget. I want the full complement of choices when I click on a contact, not just one or two.