Can't get contacts to back up- Help Please!!!General

Last Updated:

1. Mindy132

Mindy132 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, sorry about the new post but I have been searching all day and haven't found one that's what I need.

I had to get a replacement for my eris due to trackball issues. I got my replacement today and can't seem to get my contacts onto the new phone. The one thing that I have been able to find out is that I should have saved all of my contacts as Google contacts. :(

I tried using Lookout and was able to transfer my pictures, but only 5 contacts (the only google contacts I have). I also tried MyBackUp but it is asking me for a pin number it never gave me. I downloaded vCardIO and exported my contacts to the sd card, but now when I put the sd card into the new phone it says that there is NOTHING on it, none of my documents- nothing.

Is there any way I can change all my contacts to Google contacts? I don't know what else to do, so any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

If you still have the old phone, you can install an app on the market called ExportContacts. This will create a CSV (comma separated value) file with your contact information on the SD card. Copy that file to your PC and you can import it into Gmail's contacts from a PC web browser.

3. Mindy132

I do still have the old phone, but when I tried that it exported only 12 contacts, and they were just duplicates of the original google contacts that I was able to backup.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Ok. I think that there are other exporting apps - they may still be worth a try.

There is this one: UiA Backup Contacts. UiA - Backup Contacts - Android app on AppBrain

A comment from the market:

Mindy132 likes this.
  5. Mindy132

It worked! It added an extra hundred or so contacts from my facebook account, but other than that it worked perfectly :) Thank you so much for your help!

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm glad it worked out!