Can't get default Tether to work on 2.2.1.Support

Last Updated:

1. Bryan84

Bryan84 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, recently I upgraded to G.O.T 2.2.1 with CM6 for my Milestone. I am wanting to try out the default 3G Mobile Hotspot and USB Tether setting. But I'm having problems.

3G Mobile Hotspot: it tells me "Cannot setup data link."

USB Tether: My computer does not seem to have RNDIS drivers. I have read and understand I needed to install Windows Mobile Device Centre (I am on Windows Vista). I did but still cannot find the drivers for: RNDIS Ethernet Data and Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device.

How can I go about troubleshooting these errors? I know I can use other 3rd party app to do tethering, but I'm hoping these default stock one will be able to do its job so I don't need more apps install. Please assist. :)

Advertisement
  2. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

You didn't read the error logs for CM6 then. USB Tether doesn't work, and hasn't since its release.

Mobile hotspot, read the XDA thread, somewhere around the 35th page or so. I don't remember where, but somewhere in there (or G.O.T.'s 2.2.1 thread) there's a fix in one of the posts.

3. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

If you used the Fix 2.2.1 problems in GOR OR 2.0 it should have installed Wireless Tether that works.

4. Bryan84

Oh I see. So means actually but the default 2.2.1 one doesn't work? :eek:

Ermmm okay thanks. :) So I guess I have to stay with EasyTether and Wireless Tether for now. So then, can I remove 3G Hotspot app? :eek:

5. Bryan84

Erm, don't mind if you can link me to that thread about the mobile hotspot?

6. GlitchZero

GlitchZero Well-Known Member

Szadzik's response was the fix. Boot into GOT OR, select Android 2.2.1 or whatever, hit Fix 2.2.1 Problems. Saved me the search.

The thread is not about the mobile hotspot (I meant to say CyanogenMod 6 thread), the thread is about the entire ROM.