Can't get Droid to bootloader

Last Updated:

1. munkler_1988

munkler_1988 New Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to root my Droid but everytime I hold power and up on dpad it just gets stuck on a black screen. I can tell it is trying to go to the bootloader but it just doesn't go. Do I need to hold the power button while holding the dpad up? I need to know because I dropped my phone in some water a few weeks ago and it screwed my power/sleep button up a little bit. Sorry this question may be such a cluster but I'm just trying to get some tips or information on what to do. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Well, you need to hold the power button and the "x" button on the keyboard, not the D pad button. :cool:

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

no if the OP needs to get to the bootloader they need to hold the up on the dpad. if they need to get into recovery they need to hold the X.

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

power + X puts you in recovery mode but, If the OP is using RSDlite to flash a recovery to his phone then .... power + up on the D-pad is correct.

5. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

Dang !!! I type too slow ... lol :p

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Alright. Noob moment here. Rooted when I was on 2.0.1 so never had a need to get into bootloader to flash the .sbf. Thanks for correcting me.

7. Trout_of_death

Trout_of_death New Member

Any solution to the problem? Same thing is happening to mine. I need to send it in for warranty and i cant b4 i reset it to stock.

8. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Quick Boot has a boot into recovery...wonder if there is something similar to that with a bootloader option?

9. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

Carefully re-read the thread. It is solved.

good luck

10. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

Easiest way for me to get into the bootloader screen is to turn my phone off. Then with the usb cord plugged into the computer plug the other end into your phone and turn on. It should take you straight to the bootloader screen.

11. teddyearp

teddyearp Well-Known Member

This thread is solved, but your method to get to bootloader must be just your phone then, because that's not how it works for most of us. I just tried it and my phone just powered on normally.

The way to get into bootloader is to slide out the keyboard and hold the 'up' key on the d-pad while powering the phone on.