Can't get emulator to work!

Last Updated:

1. sydoggkdy

sydoggkdy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I'm new and don't know if I'm posting in the correct section, if I'm not I apologise in advance!

Well.... I'm wanting to develop some android apps but can't get the emulator to work on either netbeans OR eclipse whilst just trying to run "helloworld".

In netbeans it says error loading preferences and then the emulator loads and just displays "ANDROID"

and in eclipse it loads and says "ANDROID" but reports no errors, this is running existing sample code, as in eclipse it wont actually let me create an android project. I can select the build target so i assume the platforms are all loaded but I cant press next or finish to create project :mad:

Thinking I should just stick with JavaME it seems to work for me.

Thanks, Simon!

Advertisement
  2. sydoggkdy

bump! does nobody know ?

si

3. sydoggkdy

Removed eclipse and android SDK and installed everything again to a Tee according to the guide, and still got the same problem.

Emulator only displays "ANDROID" and not anything I program

I was always thought this open source stuff was meant to be good, this must be why uni's DON'T teach it I suppose. loll

cheers, Si.

4. GTbrewer

GTbrewer Well-Known Member

FWIW. I had exactly the same problem in Eclipse, and have asked about it in the Android Applications forum, but
    have gotten no replies yet. As for Netbeans, I have it set up, and I can create a project for various Android
    platforms (using 2.2), but have NO idea what to do from that point. As for an emulator under Netbeans, I don't
    even know where to start.

I should add, A) I'm just now learning Java, and B) Eclipse was amazingly slow. Netbeans was too, until I got the
    Android SDK loaded into it, and then it sped back up again. Eclipse never did that.

Later,
    --jim