• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get Hero on V'fone AND keep number

i j k

Lurker
Oct 14, 2009
Help! I have an existing longheld number on V'fone here in UK and need to stay with them as I can't get any other signals where I live. I want a Hero but they don't offer them and I can't afford to buy one outright.
Third party companies offer the Hero on V'fone but you can't keep your number. Anyone know a way around this?

Many thanks. i j k

I'm also a Vodafone customer and was able to keep my number by upgrading via mobilephonesdirect.co.uk -

HTC Hero

in the Filters option, it's set be default to the "Top 10 Plans", but this cam be altered to show all plans.

In the Buy Now column, you can select either New Contract or Upgrade. If you upgrade you enter some basic details you and your phone. They confirm with Vodafone you're eligible for an upgrade and switch your contract over etc, you then get a shiny new Hero sent in the post and just slip in you current SIM card :D

Depending on which deal you take, you can potentially get a free Hero, free car kit and also cash back on your line rental.

Chegs.

Upvote 0
Hi there.

I too am on Vodafone and I did my cntract through Carphone Warehouse. I got a good deal too. I had my PAC code and just that to them on the day and all was fine. I now have a Hero on Vodafone with my existing number. Maybe pop into one of their stores? They were the only shop I could find that did the Hero on anything but Orange.

I hope you can get one because they are fantastic!

Upvote 0
I'm an existing vodafone user, got my hero through mobilephonesdirect.co.uk, got to keep my number.

However, the upgrade option did cost me an extra chunk of cash over the 'new contract' option, but that's just the way these things are - i think operators effectively pay 3rd party companies some kind of bounty for bringing in new customers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones