• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant get into download mode.

mosler

Aug 25, 2010
My coworker put a bad fryo update on his vibrant and brought it to me to fix.

I put it in download mode... the only way i could sucessfully get it in download mode was through the sdk adb.exe "adb reboot download"

i used odin 3 v1.61 to flash back to stock. it failed. now i have the "phone ! pc" screen. i am unable to get it back to the standard download mode screen. how ever odin still sees the phone when i plug it in and will try a reflash. im currently downloading a different tar "t959uvjfd.tar" and am using the 512 pit.

Do i need to get this phone back to the normal downloading screen? if so i dont knwo what else to try. adb doesnt see the phone anymore since its not on and in dev mode.

If none of this works he has insurance on the phone but what do you say to the t-mobile rep when you have this kinda problem?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones