• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get into Recovery

bibala

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
Hi, I am having issues with my hero and really just want to throw it out at this point.
I am rooting it but can't seem to get into recovery to flash anything.
I was following another thread that recommended using z4root.

Thank you for any help on this

yes i have rom manager, and every time i try to go to recovery i just get the white screen. then i have to pull the battery.

When you open rom manager, did you click on flash recovery? I've had a problem where I had to keep on clicking on flash recovery. From when you click on it, it should complete fairly quickly. If it still doesn't work, at the bottom there is an alternate recovery, try that one

Upvote 0
I know there are those who like the Clockwork Recovery, but I have only used it to load the alternate recovery such as Amon-Ra which I've never had a problem with for the Hero. Try that, use the ROM manager and goto the bottom and choose to load an alternate recovery console, it'll flash it and then power down the phone, wait a few sec's, power on while holding the home key and you should get to the recovery console.

Regards,
:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones