• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can't get mms messages

mw383

Dec 5, 2008
when i receive an mms message, i can't open it. in the stock message app, there is a download button. i'll press that, it will change to downloading, then nothing.

i started to use chompsms to save battery (i posted previously about awake vs. up time) and the same thing: the bubble will be there stating: "MMS content for this message hasn't yet been downloaded (make sure Auto-retrieve is ticked in the settings of the built-in Messaging app)

i made sure and it still won't open.

any help?

thanks in advance

I had an issue with my mms - couldn't send them, and the received ones just had the download button which did nothin, then after a while (like a day or two) gave me a message to view the mms online via the internet.

The only solution I could do was a factory reset which wiped my settings and info except for that on the SD card - backup anything you want to keep!!

The G2, along with other Android baised devices dosnt have access to the settings for SMS, MMS and Internet via the menu's.

These are usually downloaded to the handset within an hour or two of starting up the device.

If its not been working for some time try a master reset of the deivce with the following:-

Turn off the G2, Then turn on pessing both the Power on and the Home buttons and hold for around 20 seconds untill a screen appear with the phone and a triangle with an exclamaition mark.

You should now press the home and the power buttons again at the same time, this will bring up some options.

using the track ball select 'wipe' then after the 'wipe' select reboot afterwards.

This will loose all data apart from whats saved on the Micro SD card, so be careful however contacts and other info is stored on your googlemail account so just sign into that and it will syncronise your contacts and everything so you'll not loose any important information.

SessDMC

Info from here: T-Mobile site link

Worked for me :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones