Can't get music to save to my SD card. HELP!

Last Updated:

1. graceutcs

graceutcs New Member

I bought an SD card for my phone solely for the purpose if downloading lots of music and keeping my phone memory free. But so far I haven't been able to figure out a way to save it anywhere but the internal memory. I've tried the memory settings, tried copying/moving it, and I've tried the settings on my music downloaders with no such luck. So I need a relatively easy solution or just an app that will allow me to save tunes to my SD card.

I'm not sure why it's that way on this phone every android I've had before this one all music auto-saved to my SD card. I'm working with a Droid X2.

My phone is lagging a lot and freezing because it's memory is being eaten by all my music, and I don't even have a fourth of the music I want. Need a solution.

Edit: also noticed other data files like game data doesn't save to my SD card either. I'm not sure why this is happening every Android I've had in the past auto-saved music and data to the SD chip. My best friend even has the exact same phone (Droid x2) and doesn't have the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

The SD card you bought may be defective. If you bought it off of eBay or Craigslist, it's likely a counterfeit SD card. People will sell fake SD cards on those sites that only work for a day or have far less storage than advertised. If you bought it from a reputable vendor, try to get an exchange.
  3. graceutcs

graceutcs New Member

I don't think that's the problem. It was the one that came standard with my phone. Part of the reason I picked it, it's 8gb. I got it direct from the Verizon store.