Can't get my captivate to connect to my PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. nmazzeo

nmazzeo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone!

Just got my captivate yesterday and it isn't recognized by my PC at all. When I plug it in I've tried all three options (Kies, Media Player & Mass Storage).

I've even tried a common fix which I've seen which is to unmount internal SD card, reformat it, and then mount it again. Strangely enough when I format the internal SD card, everything is still on my phone...apps, contacts, etc. Then it doesn't even give me the option to mount it back again, it's as if it mounts it back for me automatically.

I've even seen some fixes about clearing the cache and stuff, but I can't even try that cause when I do select Mass Storage option, my PC never even recognize it. It's as if nothing is connected.

I have yet to try uninstalling and reinstalling Kies and I'm currently running Windows 7.

It's a great phone so far so I'd love to know what I need to do in order to get it synced with my PC! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tmle5usnr

tmle5usnr New Member

I'm suddenly having the same issue and am wondering if some sort of update happened overnight that disallows connection temporarily until FroYo comes out? I know that's stretching things a bit...

3. TREVOR71

TREVOR71 Member

I'm having the same problems, and I'm obviously not the only person who can't get their phone to mount. Around 1/25/2011 it stopped mounting for me, and I'm not sure why. I've eliminated my computer and the cord, which leaves my phone. I had it rooted, unrooted it, reformatted the sd card, everything that I've read, and it still wont' mount. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks!

4. brento73

brento73 New Member

I have a similar issue. Not only does my computer not find it, if I do try to mount my phone, no other usb storage devices will work until I unplug the phone.

5. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

I too cant get my pc to recognize my phone now. Was working fine yesterday

6. sero

sero Well-Known Member

the option doesnt even pop up on my phone for mass storage, kies, etc when i plug it in :/

7. mmoffitt9241

mmoffitt9241 Well-Known Member

I was just getting this issue too...tried restarting phone, restarting computer and switching USB ports...it was charging but not seeing the phone...I switched my data cable and it fixed it...Not sure what's wrong with the other cable but it seems to only charge...the stock cable that came with the phone worked first time...might be an option for everyone else to try.