Can't get past boot screen. I'm scared guys.

Last Updated:

1. ad1nf1n1tum

ad1nf1n1tum Member This Topic's Starter

So, I was tired of Froyo and wanted to flash back to one of my backups. I did that, and it got stuck at installing 'datadata', and rebooted. Now the thing won't get past the splashscreen that says "Droid Incredible". I'm scared, because I have no idea how I can possibly fix this. Please advise.

I was trying to fix this with the new unrevoked, but I can't because I can't enable USB debugging from the frozen boot screen. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

EDIT:Okay, I can get into ClockworkMod Recovery, but I don't see what I can do from here. My backup image is clearly broken, and I tried the wipe data/factory reset, same thing happened. Is there an image I can download that would work?

EDIT2: So I found this.

http://www.diegoamejia.com/phone/android/incredible_roms/stock_root.zip

If I get this on my microSD theoretically I can just install it from hboot and it will be as good as new? Right? Is there a way to mount my microSD on my computer through my phone without booting? I don't have a usb converter.

Advertisement
  2. Jonamerica

Jonamerica Well-Known Member

Your memory card should have come with a converter to go from microSD to standard SD. Then you can use that in a card reader to access it from your computer. You won't be able to use your phone unless you can get it to boot.

Do you have other backups you can try, or only the one?

3. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

If you had a sdcard reader on your computer you could just grab a microsd to sd adapter and plug it in. Don't know if this is a option for you...

Whoa! Same time. :)

4. ad1nf1n1tum

ad1nf1n1tum Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I'm away from home so I don't have the converter it came with. It's no problem- I can just buy a microSD to usb tomorrow. And I'm not worried about installing the backup, I didn't really have anything important on there. But do you think the zip I posted will work? Thanks.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Looks like it should. Worse case scenario just install a different custom ROM.

What you experienced is your first non-booting ROM. When making ROMs for the Omnia, I got this a LOT. Your phone is perfectly fine, just needs to be reflashed with a working ROM (any of the ones posted in the ROM section will work, including the stock ROM).

6. mb01

mb01 Banned

You all do know there's a "mount usb storage" option in the partitions menu of clockwork, right? So you can access the sd in your phone through recovery.