Can't get past HTC Start up screen.

Last Updated:

1. Tel

Tel Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I had DJ Droid installed on my desire and I was trying to unroot it and put a stock 2.1 rom on so I could put Froyo OTA once it was released but I didn't get very far!

I formatted my spare card sd card and wanted to make a new gold card as out of the two I used I wasn't sure which was the gold card.

Whenever I turn on my phone it hangs on the HTC start up screen.

I can hold power and volume down and get into HBOOT, go to recovery, volume up and get to Android system recovery <2e>

Apply update.zip and it says No Such File even though I put it on but I may of wiped the partition during all this which has removed this file.

When I try to mount the micro sd using an adapter and look at the files on it it says 'You need to format the disk in drive G:before you can use it.

This happens for both cards. I try to format them but they both fail :(

Anybody ideas apart from leave things how they are in future!

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. sudeki300

sudeki300 Member

you probably need to put a ext2 or 3 partition on the sd card as apps2sd needs this, do this then the phone should boot. i had the ame problem. if you have clockwork recovery go into it and do the three wipes then reinstall the rom and it should be ok. if you still have the same problem look for the guides that show you how to put a ext2 or 3 partition on the sd card. most roms do this as part of the install process but i have not used dj droid so i cannot say for this rom........................sudeki300

Tel likes this.
  3. Tel

Tel Member This Topic's Starter

Managed to format the card and put the update and djdroid files on the card and start again.

I must not be doing the wipe correctly at times, also the boot took a lot longer to load compared to when it was working fine so it might of been me thinking it had froze on the htc screen when in fact it was working, sorry!

All sorted now and I have put OpenDesire to see what that is like.

4. jimlas

jimlas New Member

pls can anyone help? My htc desire cant read sd card again.after an update which required phone to reboot after which the phone cant read sd card again.pls help

5. Hadron

Hadron VIP Member VIP Member

Hi jimlas, and welcome to AF :)

What sort of update was this? I'm amazed that anyone is still getting updates for the desire :D

Actually that is a semi-serious question, because the more we know the more likely we are to be able to provide the correct answer. Are there any other problems?

I assume the phone is not rooted. There is something quick you could try if it were, without it's rather more effort, in which case I'd like to be mote sure of the diagnosis first