• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't get past LG screen

margeb

Lurker
Sep 25, 2012
I have not tried rooting the phone or anything out of the ordinary to cause this. One day it just would no longer go past the LG screen. If it matters, I am on Sprint. I have tried doing the hard reset by holding volume down and power and I do get that menu. I am able to clear cache. I am unable to upgrade from SD card because I do not have update.zip. When trying to format, I can choose to delete all data and then it freezes. Could someone give me some ideas or step by step what to do??? I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

You should have the option to do a factory reset after you press vol down & power. That would be the only option I would choose seeing as you don't have CWM installed.

Word from the wise. Read next time before you start randomly pressing buttons in the recovery menu. A good old battery pull for a few minutes can help out sometimes too.

Your phone may need to go back to the factory. Seeing as you didn't mess with it to cause these problems, I would not even mess with trying to recover it by flashing back to stock. You were on stock to begin with. Send that sucker back to the factory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones