1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Cant get past the orange start up windowSupport

1. louise123

louise123 Member

Hey everyone,

Cant seem to get past the orange start up screen for some odd reason, was working fine before. Have taken out the battery etc with no luck, still aint working. I did notice that my phone was crashing alot before this happened.

Any ideas???

Advertisement
    :
  2. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

Take it back?
  3. louise123

louise123 Member

I was hoping that someone here would possibly have some tips on helping me sort it out myself??
  4. louise123

louise123 Member

it now says FTM. Is there a way that i can reset the phone without using the buttons stc as i cant access anything at the moment. Is there a reset button under the back case?? I cant see one...
  5. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

There isn't a reset. You can upgrade to the latest release from ZTE. You'll find the update tool here: UK - ZTE Corporation (assuming you're in th UK)
    Connect your phone via USB to your PC. The phone has to be in FTM mode. NOTE: You will lose everything on the phone, this will be wipe and start again.

Sounds to me though that the phone is faulty. It could be faulty software. But I wouldn't waste my time with it. Send it back.
    louise123 likes this.
  6. Reider

Reider Well-Known Member

Got to agree, take it back. You need to rely on it a lot and its not reliable, the more you maul with it the worse it will get. You`ll be glad you swapped it.
  7. louise123

louise123 Member

Thanks for the tips Frodo. I was able to update my phone from ftm mode using that link you gave me. Phone now sorted.
  8. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

Wow! Well done. Hope it's OK for you now :)
  9. louise123

louise123 Member

Its great now thanks. Is running alot better and never lost anything on my phone
  10. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

Good news. And about your saved data! Better than the hassle of sending it back. Happy for you :)
    louise123 likes this.
  11. RedG

RedG New Member

Hey there, I've had the same problem as above. I used the link and downloaded the handset software update tool. I put my phone into FTM mode and ran the updater. however I get the following information:

Scanned the handset information successfully
    Model: ((its blank here))
    Format: Unknown
    Version: OUK_P736VV1.0.0B03

Failed in detecting latest version
    This mobile phone cannot be supported to update currently, thanks for your use.

--------------------------

am I using the right tool? thanks in advance!!
  12. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

What phone? There's a tool for the TMV & another for the SF2
    RedG likes this.
  13. RedG

RedG New Member

14. fr0d0

fr0d0 Well-Known Member

Ok. To state the obvious.. it can't see your phone!
  15. iainbarclay

iainbarclay New Member

I ended up here yesterday looking for a fix to the same problem - with a 10 month old San Francisco II - after a dance between Orange and ZTE call centres I was directed to the zteuk.co.uk site, where there are download links for the driver update tool.

The first run through, I got the same problem as RedG - phone not known and no chance to update software. After closing the updater and running it a few more times it suddenly decided it need to go and get an update - the updater update process failed, so I retried that a few times until it finally succeeded.

Finally, the updated-updater recognised the phone and went and downloaded new firmware and began to update the phone itself. Of course, that process failed at first, but trying a second time succeeded - and finally, unbelievably - the phone rebooted! All data gone of course, but at least the phone is no longer a brick.

BTW, I think the key to getting the updater to try to update itself was closing it properly so it no longer appeared in the task tray, otherwise I think it sits there looking for the phone and not restarting and checking its own status.

So the summary if you have this problem - grab the software updater, and keep trying until it succeeds!

Hope this helps someone...
    Iain