1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Cant get PSX4Droid to run

Last Updated:

1. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ive tried and tried and tried but i cannot get any roms to run. Ive tried .PBP through Eboot, ive done many .bins and .img.....

Ive tried about 5 games from different sites and even ripped my own from a old PSX disk and all it does is go to a black screen then back to the rom selection screen. Ive downloaded 3 different bios files to see if i had a bad one.

If someone could be a awesome help, can you send me the link you used thats working, or host the bios file to see if thats my problem.

This is driving me crazy and since that stupid error when processing purchase, im not elgible for a return.... im running Droid1, 2.2 Cyanogenmod RC2 @ 1.1ghz

Advertisement
  2. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

Shameless bump. Maybe I'm just ******ed but I'm having the same problem you are.

3. altimax98

^ Its the most annoying thing in the world.... Ive tried everything that i can do and it doesnt work :'(

4. c4v3man

c4v3man Well-Known Member

Try using different PSX BIOS's. Sounds like that's the problem.

5. morpheus2n2

morpheus2n2 Well-Known Member

Seems like someone can't read the op said that they had tryed diffrent BIOS!!!

Sounds to more like the roms are not in the right format as the guide I found was goning on about a sertion file time isn't supported but the app or something like that.

Best bet is rip you own disc's first and then test them on a PC emu to see if the rip works if so try on your phone if it still dosn't work try and older game, if you can try one thats small in size this way your not goin to waste loads of time with downloads and transfering etc.

From looking around it seems to be very hit and miss with this app just try diffrent games and see what you get!

6. gregs887

I have tried 4 different BIOS files so I'm pretty sure it isnt that. How would I go about ripping my own discs? When I try to put FF7 in either my mac or my pc I cant read the files? Do I need a special program? I am so confused haha.

7. c4v3man

Still sounds like a BIOS error. The user didn't indicate which BIOS's he's tried.

I've tried .iso, .bin, and eboot files and they all work for ROM's. Haven't gotten a bad ROM yet, but then again I'm only downloading what I own, so...

8. c4v3man

I'd also go into the settings and disable sound, turn off scaling, and disable all unused forms of input. If it's trying to read a trackball, maybe that will prevent it from running.

9. gregs887

Well I've tried 4 different BIOS files, 3 different roms, every imaginable combination of settings. I've tried putting just the .bin on the card, I've tried the .bin with the .cue. It still wont load. Too bad, I was really looking forward to this but I'm just plain out of ideas. I guess its time to uninstall :(

10. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

hmmm if its not the bios then its prob the roms huh..links to confirmed good rom finder sites anyone??

11. mota

mota New Member

Well what roms are you trying to use?

12. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I dont understand why people are having this much trouble. I am playing 10 games on mine and havent had a single issue. HTC Incredible. No sure if you all are actually getting the right bin files.

13. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I use DopeRoms. Have had no problems.

14. supersaki

supersaki Well-Known Member

Had the same problem, downloaded/installed bgills market fix, working perfectly :D

[Edit: link for the lazy] http://www.droidforums.net/forum/at...froyo-leaked-version-2-market_fix_bgill55.zip

Credit to Big Lou on cyanogenmod.com forums for the solution.

I didn't like the other solution of running a different ROM :p

15. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

I am running a rooted Moment (SDX Nexus Lightning 3.0) and have this same issue... It works on my sister's hero though lol

16. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

pretty sure it is a bios issue, i tried roms from all over and none worked... found out i had spyro the dragon as my bios :s

f-f-faill

17. xx DROiD ERiS xx

xx DROiD ERiS xx Well-Known Member

Do you have the link for the bios file that you are using..and link to website that you're using for your roms? can you please pm me..thank you :)

18. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Great guide here. When it talks about googling for files I found the first entries (but not necessarily the very first) to be the most useful

19. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

The only thing I can't get working so far is final fantasy 9, whether I download roms or even make an image from my own copy of the game. Other people have successfully got it working though...

20. patriotspyke

patriotspyke Member

Sorry to post this again but help can be found if you follow the instructions on this site

Home - psx4droid - Instructions, Setup & Advice Roms

there are links to some videos, a full instruction page etc, have a look around the site. Hope it helps people!! leave feedback on the site if it works for you.

cheers

21. bozzer

bozzer Active Member

Can you confirm you BIOS files are exactly 512Kb?

22. altimax98

It was because i was running cyanogenmod 6.0RC2... im on sapphire 1.0 and it works fine :)

23. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Yup - OS ROM is a major cause of psx4droid strangeness. For example it wont run on OpenDesire but it will run on Defrost.

24. Blosser

Blosser New Member

This is the site that I found and used to get it running on my Droid X. Followed the instructions and didn't have any issues. Final Fantasy Tactics (from romhustler) works great on it.

25. Xi0N

Xi0N Member

Hi! I have the same problems on a Samsung Galaxy Spica with 2.1 and samdroid.......
    I tryed a couple of bios, and some .iso and .bin files... actually one of them, dl'd from doperoms.com...........

Any clue? - i just want to see how it works on my device!

Thanks!